What We Know

It wasn’t long ago that I began performing better handstands.

I blogged about all the crazy things I told myself while trying to uncover the secret to perfect balance.

Now, when I shift my weight from one shoulder to the other, it occurs to me…

There are a lot of things we do without knowing how.

I once read a post by my old friend, now a yoga teacher, Barbara Burgess, that said, walking was just controlled falling, and standing still was a downright miracle.

Everything’s a miracle, really. Until it’s not. And then it is again, if you let it.

Do you know, we’re just really throwing our weight around? And in so many ways, unknown. LOL.
  • You don’t know how you learned to walk.
  • You don’t know how you learned to talk.
  • You have absolutely no idea how you’re pushing blood through your vessels or turning food into carbon dioxide and oxygen…

Okay. If you do, I’m sorry. We’re not all as smart as you!

The point is, learning is scary.


Most of us don’t want to know how to Breathe. Who has time for that?

In fact, I may just be so lazy, that I wouldn’t do it it all! Maybe I have been that lazy all along!

It’s okay to say you don’t know.

That’s a good place to start.

Just because you don’t know how something works doesn’t mean you cannot take part in it, and learn. Perhaps, improve it?

We’ve all learned how to ride a bike by pedaling and gaining speed and then staying balanced. But Man, have you seen those guys on BMX tracks doing backflips, or those old dudes riding down mountain trails as thin as their front tires!

WOW!

Every Body moves. But, not everybody dances.

This thing that you’re living inside of will breathe, will sweat, will poop, will talk…

But… it can fly, and swim, and fart, and sing!

Just listen to it. Learn it. Love it.


Interested?

Don’t be. There are too many things invested in stealing your interest today.

Look here, politics, look there, new toys and electronics…

Invest in something magical.

Take a child and point them to themselves. Say,

“Do you know how special you are?”

Inspire.

I can stand on my own two feet. I can stand on my hands. I can juggle.

But, I don’t know how, kid! Maybe you can tell me! I will listen.

Eventually something just clicked.

Life is like that. It remembers as it goes. Like a big puzzle dropping piece-by-piece, into place.

You didn’t have to know how to be born.

You won’t have to know how to die.

It’s natural.

We’re not pilots, staring out from the cockpit.

We’re gunners. Looking out of the back, shooting down the memories that threaten our ascension…

Help Jesse and Evelyn piece together their pasts while Jay write’s, REMEMBER: A Story of Mother Earth and Father Time.
Listen to what he has so far at Bookflurry.com


Jay Horne is an author and publisher out of Bradenton, Florida. He is a husband and father of four.
Listen to all of his works in progress for FREE at
Bookflurry.com
Where Book Clubs Grow.

Bookflurry Inc. houses all of Jay M. Horne’s literary works and audio files. Come spend some time and enjoy! Everything is always FREE and you can stay as long as you want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADHD- A Weakness or a Gift?

Living Against Your Likes can Lead to Liberation